Recorded in March 1963 at A&R Studios, New York, NY, USA. The multi-Grammy winning album "Getz/Gilberto" by Stanz Getz, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto was one of the best-selling albums of all time and marked a peak of the bossa nova wave.
Cut directly from a completely unedited 1:1 copy of the original tape provided by Universal Music, one has never been closer to the artist, the original sound waves and music history.
- Hand-Cut 12" Mastercut Record
- Hand-Printed Letterpress Cover Artwork
- Limited* and numbered
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:3 carefully selected design elements are characterising this USA Mastercut Edition:
- A special spine imprint in blue tone ink
- A blue toned screen print
- A special booklet band with the impulse logo stamp
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:
- Side A / Side B notes "from original tape as indicated", a minolta EP 410z copy
- Cyanotype of Stan Getz and João Gilberto after an original photo by Earl Steinbicker and James Houghton.
- A minolta EP 410z copy after an original photo of the SUPERSENSE livingroom studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg, 2021.
- Polaroid of microscopic view of the real groove. Side B track #2 "So Danco Samba"
- How to caress, by Florian "Doc" Kaps. An info sheet about the SUPERSENSE Master Records and ho to care for them.
- Project MASTERCUT, by Florian "Doc" Kaps. An introduction to the editions.
- Cutting engineer notes, SUPERSENSE, Vienna.
Every single Edition is handcrafted in the Viennese SUPERSENSE manufactory by a small team of experts in the fields of record cutting, traditional printing methods and packaging design.
Learn more about the Mastercut →
*The total circulation of this Mastercut release is strictly limited to a maximum total of 999 records. Currently, the following different editions are available, varying in design and booklet content.
Premier Cut: 01-99 (SOLD OUT)
USA Edition: 01-500
Due to the fact that our MASTERCUTS are no stock items but cut piece by piece in real time by a small team here in Vienna, we kindly ask for your understanding that based on the overwhelming global demand for our editions production, assembly and delivery of your very personal MASTERCUT treasures can currently take up to 4 weeks. All orders will be processed in the order received without any exceptions. Thank you so much for your patience.