This very special Set was carefully put together for SUPERSENSE by our friend and dear partner Heinz Lichtenegger, founder and CEO of Pro-Ject Audio Systems. Since 1990 Heinz specialized on high quality turntables and audio equipment at more than affordable prices. For many years the world smiled about his incredible passion and efforts to develop the ultimate turntables at a time that it seemed to be clear that vinyl records do not have any future. But times changed and today Pro-Ject turntables are globally the number one. Still developed by Heinz Lichtenegger and his small team in Austria with manufacturing plants in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Searching for the very best and most special equipment we simply asked Heinz which Stereo Set he himself would put into his own living room. Our request: Mindblowing performance and a price below 1.000 EUR. Heinz decided for a very elegant and powerful combination of simply outstanding Pro-Ject Equipment: A pure, premium quality turntable, a set of small but powerful speakers, special high quality cables and the brand new MaiA integrated amplifier that enables you to conect this system with basically any input source you want, no matter if it is analog or digital. Including the possibility to pair your mobile devices and computers via Bluetooth.
Everything you need to right away enter the next level of listening experience at your home! Out of the box - just plug and play.
Exclusively available at SuperSense we can offer this Set for the very special price of just 999 EUR (instead of over 1.300 EUR if you purchase the components separately!!)
• Chassis in elegant glossy white
• A quiet running synchronous motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a rubber belt.
• The drive motor is isolated on its own platform and completely decoupled from the plinth to eliminate vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is made of medium density fibre.
• A inverted, chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished metal ball in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables (included) through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Tonearm 8,6 S
• The turntable is supplied with Ortofon OM 3E or Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of aluminium.
• The horizontal bearings consist of two hardened stainless steel points and ballraces.
• Eccentrically mounted counterweight reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 4 - 9g
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• The internal wiring consists of silver coated, high-purity copper.
The brand new Amplifier which is designed to play music from "any analog and digital source" comes complete with nine inputs – meaning you can use it in conjunction with a turntable, CD player, computer and more, plus wireless devices using the built-in aptX Bluetooth (A2DP profile). Another big plus point from our perspective is its ability to handle high-resolution music files right up to 24-bit/192kHz, thanks to the "high-grade DAC chip" under the cover. High-res music is supported over the coaxial, optical and asynchronous USB connections.
Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5
Audiophile 2-way monitor speaker using bass reflex system, tight and clear bass, reflex port on back side, outstanding value for money, ideal for use with other Box Design components, high-gloss white piano lacquer • Audiophile bass-reflex design • Recommended amplifier power 10 to 150 watts • Magnetically shielded • Front cover with magnetic attachment • Frequency response 55Hz - 20kHz • Gild-plated speaker terminal (single-wired) • Simple Wall-mount included